Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
'News: Our spies say the 2006 Sorento will exchange a solid axle for independent rear suspension and get a standard 3.8-liter V6 with some 245 hp. The larger engine was developed by corporate parent Hyundai for its new Azera flagship sedan and also powers Kia's redesigned '06 Sedona minivan. There's talk of a stretched Sorento with 3-row seating, though it's unclear when it might appear and whether it would supplement or replace the current 5-seat design. Either way, the lengthened Kia seems the likely basis for a full-size Hyundai SUV being rumored for around 2008'

Sounds good if the milage can be improved but where is the diesel upgrade? The new Merc V6 diesel 225BHP's is meant to give around 30MPG's now, that is what I call a great engine. I think I will keep my car a little bit longer to see if there is an upgrade coming soon. Without my tuning kit my Sorento would have been dead boring :grin:. I was tempted to swap it out with the petrol version but 21MPG's is a laugh...

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Interesting about the seat comment, theres a large poster on the wall of the KIA UK tech centre, it shows a Sorento interior with 7 seats.... yet to see one in the metal though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello the dealer here in Chattanooga Tn Confirmed the engine upgrade but said no 7 seating or other changes as of the 06 year model they were made aware of just the engine upgrade :)

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
Engine option won't be offered until the '07 model year. The options will be a 3.3L and the 3.8L.

The '06s don't have an independent rear suspension either. They are virtually identical to the '05's, with the only noticable differences being a silver center cap on the EX wheels and a wheel change on the LX.

There's a Sorento on another forum that has 3rd row seating, but I'm not sure how he got it or where it was offered. I'm not sure if it was stretched either.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
None yet from my end. I can make some up though...How about a twin-turbo version of the 3.8 in 2010 and 24" wheels? We can dream, can't we...

·
Registered
39 Posts
I was hearing for '07 as well up here in Canada. I definately hound my District Sales Manager next time he is in. He usually shows up around the start of the month. We are usually a few months behind the US release as well. Any body seen a 06 Sedona because they are not on my lot yet.

Derek

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sorento
606 Posts
I work at a Port of entry, so I see everything first. We've had the '06 Sedonas for about a month, but we're still working on them before we send them out to the dealers. You should start getting them very soon.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Funny thing, I was supposed to have one delivered last night, but it was crossed off of the bill of lading, too lazy to put it on the truck I guess

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
hmm.. how about this for the next gen sorento...:
Two main options:
First: 3.8L V6 (with an OPTION for a third row seating)
Second: 5.0L (OR 6.0L) V8 (w/ STANDARD Third Row Seating AND All Time ALL WHEEL DRIVE) - Pumping out ATLEAST 275HP/325lb-ft Torque (Toyota Land Cruser) - BUT would be better if it could match the
2006 Nissan Armada -
Endurance 5.6-liter DOHC 32-valve V8 engine
305 hp @ 4,900 rpm
385 lb-ft of torque @ 3,600 rpm

How does THAT sound to you all? I think that would be AWESOME!!! :grin:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A new diesel would be good, say 225BHP's at least... from what I gather the 2006/07 model will have a revamped front and rear lights.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts