·
Registered
Kia Picanto TA 3d 1.2 auto 3d 2013
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I've got my car warranty over & here is the first problem:
the rudder heating stopped working.
the symptoms were like turning on every other time & then stopped working at all.

I guess that the problem is in the turn on switch or the wiring or the heating element.
Is there any guide on how to remove the rudder heating turn on button?
Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
09 kia spectra ex,04 Neon,04 Chry. T&C, 08 Pontiac G6 gt
2,343 Posts
Must be something lost in translation....But what is RUDDER HEATING to have stopped working? :)

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,829 Posts
Must be something lost in translation....But what is RUDDER HEATING to have stopped working? :)
My guess is "Steering Wheel Heating".

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
IF so, and it quit working, would a proper assumption be the switch, wiring thru the column or even a bad contact with the column's clock spring?

·
Registered
Kia Picanto TA 3d 1.2 auto 3d 2013
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exactly - that's steering wheel heating. thanks for the translation & sorry for my poor english))

well tis weekend i've disassembled the switch. the controller in it seems to be working (the leds on it turn on red when ingnition is on. the esp on\off switch works properly.) I've tested the connector with the microtecter 2 of 4 pins have the 12 volts on em.
the fuse is ok

what is the column's clock spring?

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
exactly - that's steering wheel heating. thanks for the translation & sorry for my poor english))

well tis weekend i've disassembled the switch. the controller in it seems to be working (the leds on it turn on red when ingnition is on. the esp on\off switch works properly.) I've tested the connector with the microtecter 2 of 4 pins have the 12 volts on em.
the fuse is ok

what is the column's clock spring?
If those are steering wheel mounted controls and you are getting power to them,then it probably is NOT the clock spring.

But to answer your question of what it is..... It is an electrical coupling device mounted to the top of the steering column to supply electricity to steering wheel mounted controls and the SRS air bag while the steering is turned while you drive the car.

·
Registered
'15 SX, '19 Stinger GT2 AWD
1,103 Posts
No apology necessary! Your English is better than any of our Russian!!

.. but so you can understand the joke, "rudder" is what turns a boat, or is on the back of an airplane to help control flight. So it was actually pretty funny to us English speaking members!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts