Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 2013 Rio5 LX+ in Canada and noticed that the dash trip computer is the small rectangle cheap variety and not the nice round one shown on interior photographs. Is this normal? Does the nice round trip computer only come on trims with UVO? Thanks!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I believe you are referring to the "supervision instrument cluster" which is only on the SX .

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
supervision cluster only comes with the SX model, UVO is standard with the EX model.

would be helpful for future conversations if you could fill out your location profile and DRIVES profile - thanks.

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
I just bought a 2013 Rio5 LX+ in Canada and noticed that the dash trip computer is the small rectangle cheap variety and not the nice round one shown on interior photographs. Is this normal? Does the nice round trip computer only come on trims with UVO? Thanks!
Hello, was in the same position when I bought my EX UVO. Thought the Supervision cluster of the SX model was an option. Unfortunately, it's not. You have to live with the square computer. Give it time, it does exactly what it's supposed to do and you can find it less obtrusive that the round one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much! This alleviates any stress I had about it. It looked nice but oh well!

·
Registered
2016 Soul SX - Caribbean Blue
8,515 Posts
you should always compare model feature before purchase so you know exactly what you are getting - can "alleviate any stress" :D

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
I love my supervision cluster, it rocks. Not sure why though, I think because it's... uh, round? Yeah - it looks cool, that's about it.

·
Registered
2012 Rio 5 & 2009 Rav4 Sport V6
104 Posts
Only thing I wish the non supervision clusters had was a engine oil temperature guage as opposed to just a warning light to tell you it's too late.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts