Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Drove about 40 miles on washboard dirt road over the weekend, and the Sorento handled it well. I was afraid it might develop squeaks and rattles afterwards, but it didn't. However when going over some deep ruts, I did notice the entire steering column shaking and kind of clunking.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
927 Posts
Could be that some part of the front suspension is reaching the limit of its travel. When taking my '16 SXL on similar sorts of roads (happens a few times a month), I notice similar results. And the good news is that like yours, this one seems to stay 'tight' after all of the rattling around.

·
Registered
me nutz and a Sorento SX-V6 2016
141 Posts
Since 1 week i noticed sone squeaks from the rear suspension when i pass on a speed bump or a little hole, i suspect a broken chock, i'm gona have to take an apointment at the dealer.

·
Registered
2018 Sorento LX 2.4 FWD; 2009 Borrego LX V6 RWD
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
this one seems to stay 'tight' after all of the rattling around.
I think the Sorento's rigid shell and Kia's improved overall build quality has a lot to do with it.

I once took my Borrego up to Alaska and back from California when it was new. I went through long stretches of unpaved road along the route, especially in Yukon Territory.

By the time I got back the car creaked and squealed like an old laundry wagon. A mechanic checked it out and said a bunch of suspension components had loosened which he tightened to get rid of the noises. Also, the rear passenger door latch literally came undone with one of the bolts completely unthreaded.

Kia has come a long way.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts