Kia Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX, Clear White with Black Sports Cloth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have noticed something odd about my 2013 Rio. The paint on the side underneath my car is very rough and bubbly. I don't know if this is how it came or if this is some sort of defect.

Please see the attached link for the picture.
imgur: the simple image sharer

Any help is appreciated greatly.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 EX w/ Convenience & ISG
293 Posts
LOL. You're Ok. Welcome to the forum and please fill out your profile so we can enjoy helping you.

The bubbly paint is a rock-guard rubberized preparation designed to prevent rust and rock chipping of the underside. Not too pretty but at least I sure am glad its there. Very effective.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX, Clear White with Black Sports Cloth
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I am breathing a sigh of relief. I'll get working on my profile, I'm glad to be a part of the community.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,526 Posts
I like to see that as they are doing a good job on protection and have the same on my Soul and you can also see how well the underside is protected too.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
I know this is off topic but How do I post pictures on this site? I asked an adminstrater & did not get any response.Thanks RROYCE46 alias Computer Dummy :).I will delete this message when someone kindly answers my question.Thanks

·
Registered
293 Posts

Well, since we hijacked this dead thread, Dang Conwelpic! What profile tires you have on that Soul? 25 series???? They look like rubber bands on wheels. Are Canada's roads that good?? :)

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Well, since we hijacked this dead thread, Dang Conwelpic! What profile tires you have on that Soul? 25 series???? They look like rubber bands on wheels. Are Canada's roads that good?? :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know about consecon where he is but I know that most of southern ontario is very good roads. It's the biggest population in canada and biggest tourest area in canada so they take care of it. NORTHERN ONTARIO is horrible horrible roads.
Between our cold and the humidity our roads are terrible. Anyone that drives up here 100% knows when they have approached sudbury because the roads become horrible lol. I couldn't risk having anything bigger than 16's here. I've bent rims TWICE on my 17's in the past on my saturn.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
Well, since we hijacked this dead thread, Dang Conwelpic! What profile tires you have on that Soul? 25 series???? They look like rubber bands on wheels. Are Canada's roads that good?? :)
These are standard OEM 18" tires on my specific model of Soul P235/45R18

I'm in southern Ontario south of Trenton and yes the roads are pretty good, but can vary just like anywhere else, but had no serious problems.

·
Registered
8,526 Posts
I know this is off topic but How do I post pictures on this site? I asked an adminstrater & did not get any response.Thanks RROYCE46 alias Computer Dummy :).I will delete this message when someone kindly answers my question.Thanks
you have to post your photos on a site (I use Photobucket) but there are others and then they provide links which you copy and paste into the the thread message. This will give you a large picture, but you can also bypass that and post a thumbnail attachment by going to "Go Advance" tab on the quick reply and then go down to "Manage Attachments" which will give you a separate window and then you locate your picture on your computer, download it and it will list the file name in the window (so you can do more if you want), this will show up as a thumbnail below your message and then anyone can just click on it for a full photo (providing the photo is a decent size when you download it).

Hope this helps :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Very very nice.

I guess I still overreact at low profile tires. Ohio roads are just as bad as northern Ontario. When water fills a pothole, Ohio considers it 'patched'.

After replacing the $700 pair of 245/40/19s my wife blew out on her new Maxima, I was thrilled to find a car with 65 series tires. Go Rio!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 5 SX UVO, 2012 Cadillac Escalade Ultra Luxury
116 Posts
Ohio roads are just as bad as northern Ontario. When water fills a pothole, Ohio considers it 'patched'.
hahahahahaha!!!!

i'm going ot use that line around here! (Edmonton, AB)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts