Kia Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok it seems most people (especially our american posters) rotate your tyres, I was wondering how often you did so?

Dagnabbits it nearly worked,

I've not used one of these polls before so wasn't sure how it would work (preview doesn't work with a poll)

·
Registered
2008 Rondo V6 2002 Sedona
67 Posts
I would if I could but when we tried rotating them the steering wheel shook, the front tires weren't perfectly round. Even balancing and alignment didn't help. So the fronts stay on and will be replaced sooner. On my Optima I rotate usually every oil change, which is twice a year. Tires Plus, 20 bucks for synthetic blend oil change and rotation, with coupon. Change my sedona's oil twice a year too at the same place and have been happy with the service for about 6 years.

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clartsonly I can sort of understand your reasoning with not changing your tyres round but on a Front wheel drive car the front tyres have to cope with masses of steering, driving and cornering input. On my old Espace we used to just do the fronts which lasted for about 12,000 miles and leave the backs which would do about 40,000 miles, but by changing them round the wear was more even between them and we got nearly 70,000 miles out of them. instead of a total of 52,000 miles.

So yes we had to pay a lot of money out at once at tyre replacement time but the miles inbetween had been far greater.

On my Transit which is rear drive it's not so noticeable, the fronts last far longer as they only have to steer and corner.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Apparently the newer grippier tyre should be fitted to the rear, not 100% convinced in the arguements for ,but it does keep tyres wearing, tend to find on front drive cars, rear tyres don't wear out, the sidewalls perish first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
For many years I have rotated the tires, front to back, every 3,000 miles on the advice of a tire shop mechanic. They seem to wear better and last longer following this formula.

·
Registered
'09 Kia Carnival, '10 Kia Grand Carnival
243 Posts
Originally posted by clartsonly@Nov 22 2005, 12:55 AM
the reason I never rotate tyres is if they are designed to all run out at the same time it will cost a fortune to replace them.

as it is I would rathwer change front tyres every year and rear tyres every two years.

Did that on a Mini once & NOT rotating cost me the equivalent of a new Michelin for it! Ie: had I rotated the tyres they would've lasted a lot longer giving me more time to save for the tyres! Todays tip: put $20.00 (or whatever) a week into a jar. This pays for our 2 lots of rego. & at least 1 set of tyres. As both cars have new tyres (Carnival & Rio) we're hoping to have lots of time to save! :grin:

·
Registered
car
4,209 Posts
I rotate my tires every 6k miles.....every other oil change. When I had my Sorento I never rotated the tires for some reason. Had 16K miles on them and the rear tires where bald. I dont plan on doing that again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts