Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio5 SX White
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I better start this so people can get a good idea of what is happening to my car..

I have a few things coming in soon

Android Audio Dash Installed
Storm Lowering Springs Installed
NGM Short Ram intake from Import Shark http://www.importshark.com/store/details.php?image_id=1454
EZLip Installed
SFR ECU Tune tbd

They were all ordered at the same time so they should arrive around the same time.

I will post pics along the way.

Enjoy!

EXLED headlights

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
BTW, you note 'Android Audio Dash'. Did you give up on the WinCE head unit and go with an Android powered one?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
Very interesting ...
I was told not to use AliExpress.com because of "non-delivery", wrong items, cheap items sent to get delivery signature. Glad to see your item came through with no problems... Nice looking unit.. What version of Android is it running? (like 4.3 ?).
I wish AliExpress would except PayPal as I have seen many items I would liked to have purchased from them but I'm concerned about giving my Visa or Master Card info to them...
Keep us posted on your upgrades.
Dave

Reactions: Sly

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
i love android too but was also put off by people complaining about this company...I take it you had no issues with it? How long did it take to ship? do the steering wheel controls work with the unit?

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+
583 Posts
looks good cant wait until I get my deck.....so happy they made a good android version. I like all that you have done so far. I will definitely be following this one.

How low are you dropping the car with those springs?

·
Registered
2014 Sportage SX Luxury Inferno Red
122 Posts
Hey Rosscofat, for the android head unit, could you outline any additional wiring adapters/harnesses you required to plug it into the car and wire it up for USB/steering wheel controls? Is it the same as the WinCE head unit? Does the handsfree mic above the driver plug back into the head unit? I have an SX w/UVO but am seriously considering replacing it with an Android head unit too.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
Hey Rosscofat, for the android head unit, could you outline any additional wiring adapters/harnesses you required to plug it into the car and wire it up for USB/steering wheel controls? Is it the same as the WinCE head unit? Does the handsfree mic above the driver plug back into the head unit? I have an SX w/UVO but am seriously considering replacing it with an Android head unit too.
Also, do you notice any difference in sound quality between the Android deck and the stock head unit?

1 - 20 of 92 Posts