1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2015 AWD 2.2d
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Kia Sorento 2015.

I saw many topics about sunroof slow to close and so on. But in my case, I can't close sunshade for roof.
Now it is stuck in completely open position. I bough the car this way, so I don't know how it happened.
When I push to button forward completely to close, first it lifts sunroof ( I don't know why) and then I hear 2 click sounds, and nothing happens.
If i push button forward again, it clicks 2 times again, and still nothing.

I tried synchronization procedure but no luck. Also my sunroof closes really slowly if open it completely.
Is there any way to close sunshade manually if I can't close it with motor?
I don't plan to use my sunroof, but it is really getting hot now, and without sunshade it really sucks.
Thanks for help.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento EX
44 Posts
Seeing as you have had no suggestions, I would think a trip to a dealer may be the only solution.

·
Registered
Kia Sorento 2015 AWD 2.2d
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I went to the dealer, and they said it was synchronization problem. Most likely caused by disconnected battery when sunshade was open.

I tried some tutorials that showed how to fix it on youtube, but it didn't work. So either these videos are incorrect, or you need to do it with computer.

·
Registered
2016 Sorento SXL
2,243 Posts
My 2016 included info on resyncing the thing in the owner's manual. Only had to do it once, but it worked.

Font Number Document

1 - 4 of 4 Posts