Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2017 SPORTAGE SX
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally don't cheap out. My motto is buy once cry once. I had to haul a ladder to help someone and it barely fit inside. I thought about buying the factory cross rails but didn't really want to spend that much on something I would hardly use. I went to Ebay and found many for all different prices. They all looked the same and attached pretty much as the factory ones do. I threw caution in the air and went for a pair under $50. They were $49 and change. Looked exactly like the ones selling for $200. These are amazing and well worth double. They have locks and everything is rubber mounted. I had a CX-9 that actually had a track the bars fit into. Much better system IMHO but it is what it is. The only PITA about the way KIA set these up is you have to loosen four screws to move them. The Mazda had 2 finger knobs and racks slid in a track.

As stated very pleased with these vs spending 5x as much for the factory bars which install virtually the same. Every once in a while you come across a great deal and this is one of them. I hope that helps someone else out.

·
Registered
2019 Kia Sportage. SX with AWD. 2.0L Direct Injected Turbocharged & Intercooled Gas.
377 Posts
Good post! Thanks for the tips.

Small business here in Tn hang their ladders on the passenger side of the vehicle with two simple 'J' type brackets and a few bungee cords. At first I thought it to be 'redneck' but it really is a good idea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts