Kia Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friend of mine has an 04 Sedona and asked me if I had thought of fitting a roof box and will the standard roof bars be up to the job?

As I have no idea and was going to the dealer I asked the question, who said they can supply the appropriate box and fittings.

Does anyone on here have any experience of them and are there any alternatives? :whistling:

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
I thought KIAs roof boxes where just Thule ones anyway?

one picture from Kia's website

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But they are not the standard roof bars? Is it possible to use them?

Simon

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
Oh I'm borrowing a friends roof box at Xmas and I'm just going to fit it straight onto the bendy kia bars ;-)

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Originally posted by pepper@Nov 1 2005, 10:16 PM
Oh I'm borrowing a friends roof box at Xmas and I'm just going to fit it straight onto the bendy kia bars ;-)
You'll enjoy picking up your belongings from the side of the motorway in that case... ;)

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IF they are that carp why do they fit them? To improve fuel consumption :bwekk: I think not.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just been on that website. I am amazed they can sell all those additional roof bars. Are they trying to say the set fitted as standard are not up to the job? Again why do they bother...

I had a Toyota which had the correct bars to fit the rails as an option. Why can't KIA do this instead of something thats not up to the job or have them as an option so as to bring the base price down...

·
Registered
2003 Kia Sedona
403 Posts
The roof box shall be well strapped down, I shall not be relying on the poxy little standard lock after watching an Astra distibuting all their childrens toys down the M4 this summer.

·
Registered
Sedona 2.9 crdi LE
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think Murph means the poxy little spring loaded end fittings on the standard bars that locate in holes in the roof rails giving up. They are only held together with a knurled pin in a plastic fitting.

Simon

1 - 11 of 11 Posts