Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rondo EX V6 2007
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I just bought a Kia Rondo 2007 EX V6 and the trunk won’t stay open on its own. I went to princess auto with my dad and bought new lifters with more lbs of pressure. The original lifters were 75lbs original Kia brand and the new ones are 79lbs but the trunk still won’t stay open on its own.

Is there something else I need to do to get this working? I use my trunk a lot for work and using an old broom handle to keep it open isn’t really ideal.

thanks for all suggestions.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2007
116 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rondo EX V6 2007
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What about trying to buy lifter exactly for your car instead of buying them by lbs? I think 79 lbs is not enough for such a big trunk doors.

Original lifters are 570N (=57 kg = 125 lbs): vzpěra zd. dveří MELLET (celk. délka 570 mm, délka zdvihu 155 mm, síla 590 N) | ACI - Auto Components International
OEM: 817701D010 / 817801D010, try to find alternatives for that numbers.
I just replaced the same lifters that were there but with more lbs of pressure than the original factory model ones that were installed. It still won’t hold the tailgate up. I’ve been trying to call Kia but with covid-19 I’m not getting anywhere.

·
Registered
Kia Carens 2007
116 Posts
If you haven't added some additional weight to the tailgate there is no another reason why appropriate lifters wouldn't hold the tailgate up.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts