Kia Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any bolt on kits for the 2007 Spectra Hatch? A half roll cage is preferable, but a roll bar is better than anything. Going to be driving in the mountains a lot and would feel safer with it in there.

Anyone have any roll bars/cages done on their ride? I want pics!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres a better question...

I am looking to upgrade my suspension system. I am looking for Coilovers, Struts, and Anti-Roll bars compatible with 2007 Kia Spectra Hatchback.

What brands are compatible with my car? I was looking at the 'Megan Racing EZ Street Coilovers', but I'm not sure if they would work. I thought that coilovers were universal but each car probably differs with mounting and the such.

Links will help.
I have already found these:

Coilovers: Ksport Kontrol Pro Damper System KIA SPECTRA

Strut Bars: ARK Performance Strut Bar KIA SPECTRA

Anti-Roll Bars: No Anti-Roll(Sway) Bars ::crying:: All I can find is manufacturer spec replacement ones.

·
Super Moderator
6,854 Posts
The next question is 'Why would you want one with a 4 cyl Spectra".
This is NOT a high performance cars and they were never meant to be...
You will just tear up the drive train as they are NOT heavy duty parts.
Look for a Camero or something you can abuse...
Dave

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Not planning on abusing it at all, but I do plan on having some fun with it! I'm just going to put a roll bar in it cause I'm not going to track it, just a little spirited driving. Trying to be safe. Its not all about the power for me anyways, especially in Kia's and I understand that, but that's why i'm focusing a lot of time on suspension too.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You might as well use pvc. The only way a kia will ever roll is if it got broadsided by a locomotive or driven off a high cliff.

Buy a turbonator instead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
you'll have to get a custom cage done. the kia will
take a power hit from the weight of a cage, so be
prepared to do slower "spirited" driving than you do
now, which basically nullifies needing a cage in the
1st place :)

·
Super Moderator
4,422 Posts
You might as well use pvc. The only way a kia will ever roll is if it got broadsided by a locomotive or driven off a high cliff.

Buy a turbonator instead.
Just when I thought you had the worst idea in the "turbonator" then you come out with a plastic roll cage...........:rolleyes:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts