Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here is the situation. Just got a flat. Was in town and didn't want to waste my inflation kit so i my car towed to dealership. Great thing was that the tow guy was super nice and dropped me off at home before taking my car to the dealership. (don't worry i took out all valuables)

My question is this. I'm sure someone else has encountered this and might be able to help me out. I have 4 Nordic winter tires I bought from Canadian tire.I know the roadside program says it will replace the tire if it is not repairable. Is Kia going to get me another Nordic Winter tire or just try to put on one of their crappy stock tires ?
Just wondering what I should have ready before i go to my service department tomorrow.

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 LX+ Auto
14 Posts
Canadian Tire offers warranty on the Nordics for most flats. Canadian Tire fixed a flat (Nordics) for me a few years back at no charge.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
If you were considering using the inflation kit, the tyre should be repairable. -I would have fitted my spare and been mobile in a few minutes. :rolleyes:

I can't imagine not having a spare tyre. I've only ever had a flat a a few times while on the road, but I was really glad to have had a spare. A spare tyre is also handy when you're rotating tyres.

My spare tyre is usually a tyre with at least 50% tread remaining, with a non-directional pattern so it can be fitted either side.

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah if the dealership doesn't just fix my flat for me I might have to get a tow to canadian tire ?
The dealership better still fix my flat even though it's aftermarket. If they don't fix the flat I'm going to be really angry that i'm stuck at the dealership and having to pay for a tow.

·
Registered
2013 Rio SX Hatchback
417 Posts
If the tire is covered by the tire manufacture's warranty then Kia should be able to handle the whole thing for you. If they need to they can go through a tire dealer to get you the right tire.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts