Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum. I live in south Africa and I'm considering buying a Sorento in January '05. I have been doing a lot of research and have found this forum most informative. For other prospective buyers, check out this site: http://www.forbes.com/2003/09/01/cx_mf_0901test.html. I am amazed at the difference in prices around the world. In SA, the 2.5 Crdi XE goes for the equivalent of about 27000 pounds (sorry no pound symbol). In the UK it goes for 18498. In the US it equates to 10500 pounds. We really get ripped off in SA (and a bit in the UK it seems), and the vehicle doesn't have half the standard features as it does elsewhere. Also, in SA the warranty is only 3 Years/100000km, elsewhere it is 10 years/100000 miles???:angry: By the way, is the CRdi turbo-charged?

·
Registered
32 Posts
You really cannot compare prices between countries. It is true that US has very cheap cars and all. Kia cars are cheap here in Korea too, you know. :)

But there's something called import duty/tax. Most countries have it. be thankful your country is not as high as Singapore.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Hello Bobman.

I moved your topic to the Sorento forum since you were asking for info about that.

But welcome aboard and enjoy your stay at our fine forum.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
The CDRD-i is turbo charged common rail 16V Diesel.
And I think it's only the US market that gets 10 year warranty, in UK it's only 3 years.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The LX 3.5 liter in canada lists for $31,995 plus 15% tax and it's worth every penny. We don't bother comparing prices in the US because we canadians try hard to control our anger :D :D have a nice day

·
Registered
Sorento EX3500V6, LC80, Mitsu Space Gr
44 Posts
In the Philippines, an EX has part time 4wd, manual a/c, manual seat controls, no sunroof on a 3.5V6 4AT layout for US$28,000. It must be the taxes and everything else they slap on the vehicle before retail.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
OK, for comparison:

UK Market

XE 2.5 diesel, manual box, manual AC, manual seats, part time 4wd retail is 36620 USD.
For auto version it's 38621 USD.

XS 2.5 diesel, with the trimmings, eletric seats, sunroof climate, heated seats, auto 4wd, but manual gearbox it's 42645 USD
For auto version it's 44605 USD

XS 3.5 V6 auto, specs as above it's 44065 USD

And if you want metallic paint add another 588 USD...

And Kias are the cheapest in thier class in the UK :mellow:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I really like the Sorrento. It's good looking and was really taken back by the drive and luxury features,but I was just wanting to know what are the negative things besides the seemingly poor gas consumation of this mid size SUV?

And can you tell me the some of the better rebates or discounts you were able to obtain from your dealers that you bought from?
Thanks so much,
A wanna be Sorrento Owner

·
Registered
2 Posts
I want to be a Sorento owner and find this forum very usful in the information provided.

Can anyone tell me how the models available in the US, Canada and the UK differ from what will be available to me here in the Caribbean?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts