Kia Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay I'm just gonna start from the beginning. I was driving on the highway about 75mph when my engine lost a bunch of power. When I got back home I had my codes checked and they said random misfires on multiple cylinders. Of course my warranty is up but I decided to take it to the dealer to see what they would say. They wanted to get a better idea so they replaced all 4 coil packs just to see if that was the problem... it wasn't. They said they would have to tear apart the engine which would cost a lot. I have driven it around just to get a better idea of the problem. The car starts up fine when cold, it idles high as it should to warm it up. Then the idle will start to go below 750rpm, without stalling, and misfire. I can drive the car around as long as I keep it above 750 with no noticeable misfires but I think it still does. I have recently cleaned the throttle body and replaced plugs while waiting for a new PCV valve to come in. I am also debating to replace the breather hose. I just wanted to get some other opinions on what it might be. I was thinking it might be the wires but I don't know where to find them. By the way I have a 2008 Kia Rio LX

1 - 1 of 1 Posts