Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
UK Kia Rio 1.3 2003
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The rear power socket in my rio died a while ago & to be honest I couldn't be bothered taking the panels out to replace the connector. Until today!

Today after all the rain we have been having I went to load some stuff in the boot and noticed the back carpet (hiding the spare wheel) was absolutely soaked through. That bad just putting your hand on it would feel like you've put it in a bowl of cold water. Not fun.

Now in taking the panel off the rear drivers side, I noticed besides the connector for the 12 socket, theres also a relay & a small connector.

In investigating them and making sure they are dry, it seems they are linked with the 12v socket.

The relay states 12v 30A & the small connector has 8 pins (with a cap that wires them all together). On taking the cap off I noticed the 12v socket stopped outputting anything & the relay no longer clicked.

My question is though. What exactly do the relay & connector do? other than the 12v socket?

·
Registered
2002 Kia Rio, 2011 Kia Sorento 2005 f 250 1996 geo metro 1992 f 150
1,023 Posts
Ok here is a reply. I have an 02 usa model. By looking at my schematics the relay pick's up in the ACC posisition of the ignition switch and the relay supplies 12 VDC to the power socket in the back. http://www.kiatechinfo.com/ for service info and schematics for your vehical Free in the USA. I hope this help's somewhat. I believe your on the other side of the road please fill out your profile where you live. Check your connections and fuses, Good luck. Reguard's Ronjohn

1 - 3 of 3 Posts