Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my 2013 Kia rio for 3 months now. Since we got it we get the alarm going off about 6 nights out of the week. When I disarm then re-arm I get the 3 beeps telling me it can't arm. Then usually next try it arms. I have had my car with the dealers for 2 weeks. Corporate is also involved. They said they replaced all the wiring harnesses/switches inside and the computer. Got it back yesterday and still have the problem as the alarm went off. We have actually seen it go off and know for a fact there is not an external force (cat jumping on it) that is setting it off. Anyone have this issue? Anyone get it resolved? I guess its back to the dealer.

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
It would help if you put your location so we know which version of the car you drive.

I dont know about factory alarm because I dont have it are you sure its from factory or aftermarket from dealer because there is another thread on this already.

The search function is your friend. You should probably take it back to the dealer and get them to look at it.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,961 Posts
Have they tried the hood tamper switch?
it's open to the elements and also if the hood (or switch) is not correctly aligned it could be "just" out of alignment and just the change of temperature may flex the hood just enough to trigger the alarm...
Just a thought...
Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct and it is an after market alarm installed by dealer. Alarm tech confident it is not actual alarm. I am in Southern California USA. I will ask about the hood latch sensor. I did a search through archives and others have similiar issues but all different solution or work arounds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts