Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Rio EX Sedan UVO Auto/Tanzanite blue/tinted windows/Vent visors
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I'm starting to think about replacing the stock tires that came with my '12 Rio EX Sedan that are Hankook Optimo H426 195/55R16. They're OK but I find them noisy. I'm really not an expert when it comes to tires. So before buying, do you have any recommendations? I'm looking for the tires that provide the softest and smoothest ride. Should I stick to the original size? Have some Rio's owners on this forum changed the stock tires?
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
Racineur---I don't think it's the tyres that make the noise it's the lack of insulation.I have driven Rio's with 15,16 & 17 inch tyres before I bought my SX and they were all noisy but especially on grainy or rough payment. The 15" were the worst. Insulation under the carpet especially around the wheel wells would probably reduce the noise.I just keep the volume up on the UVO Which I know you don't really care for either;).it's an inexpensive car & i just live with it .Waiting patiently for some one to fix these annoyances along with the low passenger's seat:mad:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts