Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2007 RIO. No electric windows or locks. No burglar alarm, I THOUGHT. Battery terminal bad, battery dead. I replaced both battery terminals. As I connected the negative terminal I heard a tiny beep from the horn. After battery connected I opened the driver side door and the horn started tooting and lights started blinking. Nothing I did would stop it except disconnecting the battery. Removed horn fuse and reconnected battery but lights still flashing. Users manual talks about remote transmitter (don't have one), arming system when doors locked etc. Tried locking all doors which would arm the system and then unlocking the driver door with the key, which according to the manual would disarm the alarm but didn't work. Fussed with it for couple hours trying everything I could think of, no joy. Was about to give up when, for no known reason, the problem went away. The car has been in the family since new and this never happened before. Since it has no electric locks or windows it shouldn't have alarm, I think. Any insights you have would be appreciated. I'd sure hate to have the problem return when out on the road. Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo / 2001 Kia Rio
312 Posts
wrong forum, but have you looked under the steering column? my 01 had a "karkey" style alarm in it that i ripped out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts