Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy fellow Kia-ians (pronounced fgdshoihfse)

Since day 1 i've been wanting to improve the stereo in the Rio, it's the only thing lacking. I know i can just do speakers, amp etc. But i'm wondering if anyone has managed to somehow put an after market H/U in the Rio 3G? I've looked long and hard at the setup and there's really obvious solution to me, but wondering if anyone else has figured something out?

Also does someone have the specs and ratings of the factory headunit/speakers if i choose to just go down the path of changing them? Our unit is the 4 speaker with splits in the front.

Thanks

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
As for the head unit if you are looking for the touchscreen look you can put in basically any head unit that you want now that Metra has come out with a dash kit. If you want a reliable brand name its Metra. MANY installers in north America use their brand of kits. I'm way up in Sudbury Ontario and even up here we have 2 Metra installers.

Here is the kit. I have emailed their customer service and they have confirmed it fits the 2013 Rio's in Canada and in the USA (incase their was a minute difference). You can Google that product code/# if you want to find good prices on it. I found one site that had it for $20 though .

DASHKIT METRA 95-7353CH Kia Rio 12-Up DDIN Mounting Kit Double DIN head unit provision • Painted Charcoal;

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
Just like yourself I want to change my unit. My last saturn I had put in a Pioneer AVH-P4300 DVD/mp3 touchscreen so I am going to eventually get that unit into my Rio since it still works great.
If I do end up putting in my Pioneer touchscreen I will post pics. I'm sure it can't be that difficult, other than finding space for all the wires. Consequences of having all the gadgets in our little car !

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio Lx+
110 Posts
thanks for the info there

unfortunately i need the dash around the other way being RHD here, i'm yet to see one that suits right hand drive
I would go to the main Metra site and email their tech guys. They know what they are talking about and they answered me in less than 24 hrs. They might be able to tell you if they offer it for right side.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Note to self:

Keep watching this thread and see how OzSLS gets on!

I've only seen the same Oz. Left hookers get all the good bits first!

·
Premium Member
'12 Rio SLS, '13 XR6 Turbo, '15 XR8 S/C
995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
Carnival EX Limited
83 Posts
Flick them an email and ask. I've bought a sub off them before and they're great to deal with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts