Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a '13 Rio 5 EX and it comes with the 15 inch steel wheels. I hate it and I plan on getting matte black rims. Should I stick with 15" so I don't have to buy tires or go bigger and buy tires? 16? 17 max?

Go big or go home? Haha.

What do you think!

·
Registered
Tanz. Blue 2012 Rio Sedan,Al White 2013 Toyota PriusV
384 Posts
I have a '13 Rio 5 EX and it comes with the 15 inch steel wheels. I hate it and I plan on getting matte black rims. Should I stick with 15" so I don't have to buy tires or go bigger and buy tires? 16? 17 max?

Go big or go home? Haha.

What do you think!
For your reference Rim and Tire thread 4 posts below you

Sizing is up to your preference and well as your budget. At the end of the day its your car. Do it how you like it to be done or looks

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Wheels & Tyres are a very personal thing. I hate the look of black rims, but if you want to spend some money, you might as well go for broke and get 17 inch rims and good tyres to go with them. Problem is, your existing wheels/tyres will be worth almost nothing, except that you will have a lifetime supply of full-size spares.

One problem of up-sizing, especially if you go for black finish, is that the brake rotors will look under-size and will be fairly prominent. You'll also find that 17 inch tyres are more expensive and more subject to road damage.

I don't mind alloy wheels if they come with the car, but there's nothing wrong with steel, provided that the wheel covers aren't too outrageous. We selected the base model Cerato partly because it came with "sensible" steel wheels.

·
Registered
2017 KIA Forte5 SX, 2017 KIA Sportage EX Lux, 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE 2m6
77 Posts
That's odd... my EX came with 16" alloys.
LX and LX+ came with steel 15" wheels, unless you got the ECO model which then 15" alloys.

I guess even the wheel options in Canada are different based on model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts