Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a 2014 with the 2.4 I4, I would like some opinions on this engine user that have it tell me if they like it ect.. thanks :confused:

·
Registered
2018 Sorento EX+ V6 / 2018 Forte 5 LX
58 Posts
I've had one for a few days now. Still breaking in the engine so no hard acceleration yet, but seems quite peppy for a 4 banger. The engine noise does sound like you're flogging a small engine as opposed to a nicer smoother sound from a V6. Once I do some road trips and see how it does on long highway runs I'll have a better feel for the torque on hills and passing.

·
Registered
14 Kia Sorento (V6 EX AWD), 2013 Nissan Altima SV
293 Posts
I had the...

I had the 2013 4cyl GDI and had no issues at all with the power. Even here in Atlanta with the hills and mountains, it did the job. The gas mileage was a bit disappointing however. Trips to SC and FL are included in this accessment. I only upgraded to the V6 AWD EX to tow a small boat....and different color..but don't tell my wife.

I am looking at a 2014 with the 2.4 I4, I would like some opinions on this engine user that have it tell me if they like it ect.. thanks :confused:

·
Registered
2014 Sorento LX 2.4 GDI
29 Posts
I like the 2.4 GDI. Peppy for a 4 cyl. No complaints on fuel consumption. City/Hwy has been 23 to 24 mpg, and best hwy mileage so far has been 30 mpg.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts