Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

When I go on reverse, I noted few times that external mirrors fliped down to see sides of the car.

But it happened just few times and not every time, what about yours ? Shoud it be every time ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 Sorento SX-L, 99 Camry LE, 93 Turbo MR2
30 Posts
The side mirrors will tilt down if you have the mirror control in the L or R adjustment position.

·
Registered
427 Posts
It's based on the position of the mirror switch...if it's in the middle (not able to move mirrors) they won't move when shifted to reverse. If it's in either the left or right position, they move down when shifted to reverse. I actually think it's a clever way of doing it, instead of making it a user setting that's deep in the menus.

·
Registered
2017 Sorento SX+ V6 AWD - 2016 SX+ V6 AWD (crashed) - 2014 SX V6 AWD (sold) - 2011 EX V6 AWD (sold)
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies and good to know !

I would have never figured it out without you guys...

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Really? Cause it's in the owners manual.
I checked and you are right :confused:

I missed this one when read the heavy owner's manual !

A chance we have this forum.

·
Registered
2016 KIA Sorento SX+ 7 seater
547 Posts
Yes I have found the forums extremely useful with corollary that the manual leaves a lot to be desired. For example I found 52 cases in the manual of features where it stated "if equipped"; thus leaving it up to the customer to figure out whether that feature was provided in his/her car.
Examples
There are some differences depending on whether have auto or manual transmission.Duh !! All cars in North America have auto as standard so why show this.
Harder one is a sensor to the right of the rear view mirror . Per the manual indication is this for rain sensor wipers but it isn't and manual does not say what it is for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts