Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 Sportage with a manual transmission and when i put it in reverse the back up lights come on for a split second while going into gear but once fully in gear they are not on. I have checked bulbs and fuse. I am thinking it may be the switch but have no idea where it is to even replace it, would anyone have any info? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,922 Posts
I would suggest that you look inside the center console for a switch that is activated (closed) when the shift leaver is placed in reverse. Probably just an alignment out.
Dave

·
Registered
91 Pontiac Firebird Formula 1LE, 95 Pontiac Firebird, 07 Kia Sportage
14 Posts
I would suggest that you look inside the center console for a switch that is activated (closed) when the shift leaver is placed in reverse. Probably just an alignment out.
Dave
Actually Dave, on the manual transmission sportage the back up light switch is on top of the transmission. You have to remove the air box to get to it. They are pieces of crap and I had to replace mine a few weeks ago. Fortunately it is only a 20 something dollar part at the dealer.
It can be quite tight and difficult to remove. Use a breaker bar and a large socket to unscrew it from the top of the transmission housing. It is a fairly easy fix.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts