Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Kia Sedona LX, 2008 Hyundai Sonata
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I would like to install a backup camera on my 2009 Sedona LX.

The newer vehicles on the market seem to have a camera installed under the lip of the tailgate, beside the light that illumninates the license plate.

In order to to this I would need to trill two holes for the wires. One into the tailgate garnish and another in the actual tailgate body panel.

I found the instructions on kiatechinfo.com. It says to remove the inside trim panels. That is no problem. I can get that off quite easily.

The tailgate garnish is held on by 2 bolts on the outside and 4 nuts on the inside. I was able to remove all those, but it still wont come off. I looked up into the tailgate latch area, and it seems to be held in place by a tab and groove, and it looks like you would need to apply an upward force to pop it out.

Any ideas on how to pop this final piece off without breaking it?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
06 Sedona LX, 06 Sedona EX, 14 Forte EX, 11 Sportage EX, 11 Forte 5-door SX, 15 K900 VIP+
1,143 Posts
I have had it off on my 06. It is held on by clips. Just apply enough force to it, and it will come off. Problem is, I think they make the clips stronger than the part itself. Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts