Kia Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento Hybrid EX (soon)
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just how loud is the beeping sound when you put the hybrid in reverse? I’ve seen people complain about it and it actually makes me a little worried. I’ve got a 2022 hybrid EX reserved. I’ve seen people saying it wakes up the neighbors it’s so loud. Any confirmation or videos?? Thanks!

·
Registered
Soon to be 2021 Kia Sorento SX Prestige X-Line- Aruba Green owner
142 Posts
Weird - the non-hybrid - like mine is silent in reverse, except for engine noise. I guess the hybrid is potetially all electric sometimes when backing up, and necessitates a sound to warn others.

·
Registered
2021 Sorento SX AWD
391 Posts
Just how loud is the beeping sound when you put the hybrid in reverse? I’ve seen people complain about it and it actually makes me a little worried. I’ve got a 2022 hybrid EX reserved. I’ve seen people saying it wakes up the neighbors it’s so loud. Any confirmation or videos?? Thanks!
I think the post you're referring to is the hatch opening and closing being too loud. When you go into reverse the only beeping you should here is on the interior with the backup sensors. Unless the hybrid is like a school bus when reversing :unsure:

Oh god, I see what you mean. Just saw a video. EWW. (Sorry). If I were you, I would find the source of the beep and put black duct tape over it (I do this with my son's sirens on his toys/bike to lower the decibels, usually just scotch tape though). I don't have a hybrid (obviously), but definitely find the source and "correct" it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you! Someone posted a video in a fb group too. It really doesn’t seem as bad as some people say.

·
Registered
2022 Kia Sorento SX-P PHEV (Soon)
61 Posts
That doesn't sound bad. Better than a bus or van I've heard.

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
256 Posts
It's louder than you think. From inside the car it's not so bad, but standing behind it you can't ignore it. The other day dropping off the demons at school I got stuck waiting to reverse into the exit lane, and I just sat there in park for 10 minutes until everyone was gone. It would've been embarrassing to sit there in reverse with the siren wailing. BEEP! BEEEEEEP! BEEEEEP HEY IM BACKING UP YA JACKASS BEEEEEP LEMME THROUGH BEEEEP!

·
Registered
'21 Sorento Hybrid EX
256 Posts
YouTube scroll to 18:10 and listen as he puts it in reverse. He doesn’t actually mention it.
i was curious, so I watched the video. I think that quick chime is actually the interior chime through the drivers door speaker, because there's an object detected by the rear bumper. If he reversed another few feet it would get even faster. In this video I can't even hear the school bus beep, which is a much longer drawn out slow beep.

It's possible the PHEV is different as well.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i was curious, so I watched the video. I think that quick chime is actually the interior chime through the drivers door speaker, because there's an object detected by the rear bumper. If he reversed another few feet it would get even faster. In this video I can't even hear the school bus beep, which is a much longer drawn out slow beep.

It's possible the PHEV is different as well.
I heard it under him talking. It’s actually at 18:50 possibly? A little later. He puts it in reverse and then talks for a bit and you can hear it. The beep isn’t high pitched - it’s pretty low. So even if it’s loud, it’s not a screechy school bus loud lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia Sorento EX AWD
14 Posts
see how this guy solved the problem. I suppose these Korean brands have the same design.
. Hope this will help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Here’s a vid of the sound:

That's not terrible, but I can see some people getting annoyed. Hopefully that guys trick will work on the sorento. My brother has a hearing sensitivity so this would drive him insane!

·
Registered
61 Posts
I heard the Toyota Hilander backup noise yesterday and it sounds like alien spacecraft coming in for an abduction!

·
Registered
2001 VX Holden Commodore Station Wagon
1 Posts
Pfft Neighbours can suck it up in my neighbourhood!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts