Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got my picanto on friday, and just have one little issue with the car.

i mean sometimes it feels the car lacks pulling power so have to change down a gear and rev the engine abit more to get the car moving, especially when i slow down and then try and speed up again, say 40mph down to 30 when im in 4th

as its a new car i dont want to run the engine over 3000rpm, and i try cruise around 2000rpm when driving. is this normal or am i being over cautious?

·
Registered
10 Posts
:460: Hi your new Picanto will have a very tight engine it should get a little better in a few thousand miles, also if in 4th gear and you to accelerate a lot depends on how high a ratio 4th gear has after all it is only a 1.1.
but you will find a difference the more miles you do.....enjoy your PICA

·
Registered
2004 Kia Picanto
49 Posts
Hey,

Congrats on your new Pica. I agree with Endeva - you'll have to be patient and see. Your engine will perform better, regarding horse power and fuel consumption.

However, if you're used to cars with more cubics you might find the Pica's biceps a bit tiny. I can sometimes feel that it's lacking power at approximately 2,800 - 3,500 rpm. I saw a torque diagramme revealing that there is a "down peak" exactly at this range. Experts tell me this is typical for "multiple valve" engines.

My Pica has 15k km on the clock. Today I can easily pull revs from 25 mph in 4 and 35 mph in 5. Well, acceleration won't push your body back into the seat but things go ok.

Regarding over revving experts tend to say today that tolerances in a modern engine are small so over revving shouldn't be a problem with new cars. However, I waited trying out top speed until I drove 10k km :p

Have patience - and enjoy your car :57:

Cheers,
Kneeler

1 - 3 of 3 Posts