Kia Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2012 kia soul +
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to retrofit my 2012 Kia soul + so that I don't have to EVER pull keys out of my purse. I am a woman and it always makes me nervous with the whole digging for my keys thing. I usually remember to find them before I get anywhere near the car. But sometimes I forget.
I drove my husband's honda fit for a few months and I hated the car, but I got really used to the features he had.
-- Push-button entry
-- Remote start
-- Back-up Camera
-- Passenger side blindspot camera
-- Touch screen radio unit that synced to my android.

We can't afford a new car right now, and I still LOVE my car. I'd rather make the modifications and repairs to what I already have.
I want to retrofit my vehicle with all of the above.
I'm open to other options as long as I can SEE directly behind me, SEE my entire right side so I don't have blind spots, and NEVER have to dig for my keys.

I want to be able to walk up the vehicle, unlock it with a button on the handle, and start the car with a push-button inside.
I also want to install a backup camera and sensors if possible. I understand I will need a new radio unit. I am fine with this. I would prefer the radio unit to be compatible with my android but it's not necessary.

What needs to be done to make this happen? What kits do I need to order? I will most likely have a professional install this depending on the complexity.

I found a viper model on Crutchfield that has keyless entry and remote start. One of the features I really like about it is that the doors will lock 3 seconds after the car is started and unlock when the car is turned off. My car currently doesn't do this. When I start my car with my key my doors UNLOCK. This drive's me up the wall! It makes no sense! Why would the car UNLOCK when you start it?! My guess is because the programming for when it's in Park overrides the lock system to unlock anytime the car is in Park. The doors lock automatically when I put it in ANY other gear.

Oh! And I would eventually like to replace all my lights with LEDs.
What do I need to make that happen?

I'm not in a position where I can afford a new car. I plan on driving this one until it dies.
I need this to last at least 5 more years. My husband is about to start law school at A & M.

·
Registered
2012 kia soul +
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have no opinion on Bluetooth features. I have some bose headphones that I prefer to use anyway.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts