Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Mazda 3 GX sport, 08 Nissn Quest SL, 10 Nissan Altima SL
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any one know that if there is an option available from KIA to replace the UVO with the factory installed Navigation and how much it cost?:confused:

·
Registered
2013 Rio5 SX Navi, it be Black Pearl... argh matey!
131 Posts
This one might be a good question for your local dealer.

However, my guess is, it's going to cost an arm and a leg, maybe two... and your first born. In other words, big $$$ - and more than the original price difference and more than you expect to be reasonable. Plus, if Kia is like most manufacturers, there is no "kit" and the parts guys won't know exactly all the required pieces to make it like a stock Navi anyway (and watch them squirm when you ask).

Then again, I hope I'm wrong about this.

·
Registered
2014 Abyss Blue Kia Forte EX Sedan
180 Posts
I'm sure it can be done the fact is most anything can be done with the right information and the funds.

Now the question is going to be

1. Who has the right information?
2. Is it going to be cost effective?

And as stated, I bet that will be your limitation. I'm not saying you personally wouldn't have the funds, I would have no idea. What I'm saying is my guess is it will cost two maybe three times what it would have cost to buy a nav equipped Rio to begin with.

I would however be quite curious to hear what you find out.

One cost cutting thought would be to find a nav unit from a salvage Rio but that in itself may be tricky depending on whether Kio uses the same unit in other models or not.

·
Registered
former owner of a 2016 Soul SX 2.0L - Caribbean Blue
8,532 Posts
forget it and just buy a portable GPS like a Garmin or Tom-Tom, etc, I agree with the others if it would be a available it would be a fortune, probably cheaper to trade your car in. Portable unit $100- $200 factory installed Nav x 20 or more!!!

·
Registered
Accord, stick
206 Posts
Does any one know that if there is an option available from KIA to replace the UVO with the factory installed Navigation and how much it cost?:confused:
Do not do that. It is cheaper to buy new car WITH the factory NAVI if you Really want that.
Be aware that map updates will cost you the same or more as stand alone (Garmin) units.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts