Kia Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I can't find a Kia service manual. I am going to replace the timing belt tomorrow and would really like to have a manual to fall back on. Is this hard to do on this car? I am fairly mechanically inclined but I have a short temper and tend to punch vehicles when I get mad. :blush:

I will try the service dept at the local dealership in the morning when they open for a manual.

Assuming I cannot find a manual, is this a straightforward job? I assume aligning the timing marks is critical. Can I substitute a Hyundai manual? I understand that that they have quite a bit in common with Kias.

Thanks

John

*edit* It is a 2001 Kia Sephis LS

·
Registered
1995 Kia Sephia
62 Posts
Daer John I was looking for Kias MAnulas but they aren't so helpfyl there is written just simple methodes how all details are instaled inside car, I needed Manul also but I can get it, I was lookin your problem in my car Manul but I cant find it, it will be good to wait and go tomorow to the mechanich. or just try by yourself.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did the one week ($10) subscription to the Kia Tech guide. Good stuff, just what I was looking for.

Thanks

John

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good thing I checked out the online service guide. While the process is pretty straight forward, it turns out i need to buy a new tensioner spring for the tensioner pully, I wouldn't have known this otherwise.

John

·
Registered
126 Posts
:) Dear John, I hope this is not too late. If so let me know how you made out. You can find information in the 1999-2003 Chilton's import car manual. That is what I used to change my belt on my 1999 Sephia. I talked my local librarian into buying the $60 book. You might also try finding info on the Mazda 1.8 litre BPE engind that is very similar even identical in earlier years. What year is yours? Best wishes. A fellow traveler.

·
Premium Member
2015 Buick Verano "Leather Group", 2015 Kia Optima Hybrid
6,116 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
To reply concerning Chilton's. The manual is a compendium of many auto makes and models not just Kia. It is one heavy book. It's only weak point is that there is not enough room to go into the kind of detail that a dedicated manual would do. Sorry about the misunderstanding. :57:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts