Kia Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio LX/S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Is it possible to swap out the default '18 Rio antenna with a sleek shark fin one, like this or this? What part would you recommend for the '18 Rio sedan? What size of the base does ours take?

-gg

·
Registered
2018 Kia Rio LX/S
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
OK. So, I measured our car radio base — it's 5.5" x 2" (L x W). Didn't measure the height (lol), but looks 2.5" ish. This item should fit. Will give it a shot. If all goes well, I'll share a pic. :) Edit: Scratch that; I'm still hunting for a shark fin that will fit this large antenna base.

Thing is, after doing research, I'm concerned about it running through the car wash... Will also keep y'all posted on that matter, too.

Continued Edit: This shark fin will fit, but it's ugly, for sure. Looking for a sleeker/sportier one.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Rio LX Sedan, 2019 Kia Rio5 (RR) Limit
16 Posts
Hey all,

Is it possible to swap out the default '18 Rio antenna with a sleek shark fin one, like this or this? What part would you recommend for the '18 Rio sedan? What size of the base does ours take?

-gg
Yes it's possible, I do it in my car. I switch the regular whip antenna for a n original Kia shark antenna. The only problem was check my original antenna connector to search which Kia shark antenna are compatible. To my 2019 Kia Rio 5 I use a Sorento 2017 antenna and fit perfect. For the benefit of anyone who wants to replace the antenna I include pictures of the original whip antenna connector above and installed shark antenna at the bottom.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts