Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX-L AWD, Titanium Grey
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys,

So while backing up into a parking spot yesterday, I managed to knock off my left driver's side mirror. The mirror itself is not broken but it won't stay on the mount. The plastic covering the turn indicator on the front has a small chunk missing which I couldn't find on the floor. I doubt Kia sells those plastic coverings on their own.

I've been considering replacing the whole thing because it looks horrible. Does Kia sell these things already painted? Are they difficult to remove and reinstall? Where can I find them? I feel if I go to the dealership to buy it, they'll mark the price up significantly.

I was looking at this site for the mirror: http://www.kiapartsdepartment.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=216393

It's a 2011 Sportage SX in Techno Orange. The mirror is powered with a signal light, non-heated.

Any help would be appreciated!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
I'm pretty sure they come painted from the factory. Installation (of the entire housing) isn't difficult at all, you'll need to remove the interior door panel and the small triangular to gain access to the three bolts that hold the mirror housing in place. Disconnect the connector and remove the three bolts and remove the housing. Reverse the process to install the new housing.

·
Registered
Sportage 2.4l AWD 2011
67 Posts
Hey guys,

So while backing up into a parking spot yesterday, I managed to knock off my left driver's side mirror. .

. Does Kia sell these things already painted? Are they difficult to remove and reinstall? Where can I find them? I feel if I go to the dealership to buy it, they'll mark the price up significantly.

I was looking at this site for the mirror:
My wife also did back-up in the garage door framing. I asked a quote to the local dealership. 480$ + 125$ to paint it + 35$ to install it.

I asked another jobber repair shop. 197$ tx included for the mirror and +25$ to paint it. I installed myself.

Of course it is not a Kia original mirror, it is an aftermarket copy. But is it electric (motor), heated, with flasher). I can't see any color difference. Installing took 15 minutes.

jf

·
Registered
2014 Kia Sorento SX-L AWD, Titanium Grey
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I found out from a Kia Dealership that they come primed; none are painted upon arrival. So you would have to order it, get it painted, then install it.

Does anyone have information or a guide on how to go about removing and reinstalling the a new mirror? I've already ordered one from Kia (came up to $168.00 if you order directly through the national Kia Parts department) and want to try installing it myself.

The dealership told me it'd cost around $75 to paint (which I think is pretty good) and I'd be willing to install it myself if there were a guide available somewhere. Any help would be awesome.

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
2011 Sportage SX
979 Posts
Create an account at kiatechinfo.com, that's where I figured out what was needed to replace my outside mirror housings. As I mentioned above, you'll need to remove the interior door panel (three screws and several fasteners that simply "pop" off), remove the small triangular piece that covers the three bolts that hold the mirror housing in place. Disconnect the small connector and the undo the three bolts. Reverse the procedure to install.

If you just want to replace the mirror itself, check your Owner's Manual for page 7-66 (some markets have the entire manual and some don't). If not, I believe you'll need to tilt the mirror upwards to allow you to insert a screwdriver behind the mirror. Carefully pry the glass away from the holder behind the mirror to remove.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts