Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX+
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I did some searching and couldn't really find an answer to my question - I'm looking to replace the following:

• DRL to LED
  • Position Lamp (lights that turn on with 1 turn of the knob) to LED

1. Has anyone replaced either/both of these lights to LED on their Rio?
2. What LED bulb size did you purchase?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Forte SX Koupe,15 Soul EX,58 & 90 Rolls Royces,92 Mercedes 500SL
333 Posts
My 2013 Rio SX sedan has LED positioning lamps but the DRLs are the headlights.The hatchbacks use the LED's for DRLs. Kia Canada says " that's the way it is":mad:Pretty stupid if you ask me!

·
Registered
2012 Kia Rio5 LX+
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I believe only the SX models use LEDs for DRLs on the hatchback because my LX+ is definitely not using LEDs for the DRLs or position lights.

My 2013 Rio SX sedan has LED positioning lamps but the DRLs are the headlights.The hatchbacks use the LED's for DRLs. Kia Canada says " that's the way it is":mad:Pretty stupid if you ask me!

·
Registered
Rio S UB '13 Electric Blue
47 Posts
Does anyone have an answer for this?

Yeah i got the standar bulbs in my position lights(yellow color),stop and back lights.

Can i change them to LED White.
Will they be a problem for other drivers or are they legal if they are not factory made into the car(like the SX model has)

1157 BAY15D 18 SMD Pure White Canbus Error Free Signal P21 5W 18 LED Light Bulb | eBay
I want to do this also; I have boring, standard yellow globes at present. Also, process & bulb type to change on Rio S (UB) would help...cheers!

·
Registered
2013 Kia Rio 1.4 - 6 Speed Manual
107 Posts
Does anyone know what the DRLs on the sedan are? Are they bulbs or are they the LED strips? The hatch you can see are the LED strips, just curious as to how the sedan gets that entire white glow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts