Kia Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2011 Kia Sportage Platinum 2.0 l turbo diesel
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Australian sportage platinum 2011 is due for some new tyres, well I have a minor leak in one of them and notice probably they will all need replacing within 4 months or so. Currently have Hankook standards on, any suggestions on a replacement. The current tyres have been good but the mileage could be better (38,000 k's).

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Have just replaced the front 2 with Pirelli Scorpion Verde - other 2 not far away from needing replacement either. I'll definitely be going with the same Pirelli. Much quieter and smoother run, steering much lighter - haven't had any rain, so can't advise on wet road holding!
Thoroughly recommend - and worked out much cheaper than Hankook replacements, too.

·
Registered
Cerato S Hatch Auto
1,236 Posts
Yokohama tyres seem a pretty good buy to me. Replaced original Nexen on our Cerato with Yokohama. Nice price and improves feel. Wear rate is too early to tell, but it's been OK on another car. They have an extensive range and you should be able to find something for your Sportage.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Sportage, SLi
1 Posts
Have just replaced the front 2 with Pirelli Scorpion Verde - other 2 not far away from needing replacement either. I'll definitely be going with the same Pirelli. Much quieter and smoother run, steering much lighter - haven't had any rain, so can't advise on wet road holding!
Thoroughly recommend - and worked out much cheaper than Hankook replacements, too.
Hi imay, any updates on the Pirelli Verdes? My Khumo Solus tyres are driving me crazy on coarse chip roads and I'd be willing to change to something but what, is the question.

·
Registered
2015 Sorento EX V6 AWD Ebony Black
1,153 Posts
The Cooper CS4's are the smoothest, quietest tires, with the most tenacious traction Wet, or Dry, that I ever had! I'm on my 4th set now. Usually reasonably priced, sometimes with a rebate. Good Luck, Mike D.

·
Registered
Kia 2015 Sportage Platinum diesel and 2013 Rio 3 door SLS
593 Posts
Hi imay, any updates on the Pirelli Verdes? My Khumo Solus tyres are driving me crazy on coarse chip roads and I'd be willing to change to something but what, is the question.
My honest opinion is that they are better than the OEM. Still haven't needed to rid myself of the rears yet, but will be happening before the year's end, for sure.
Fair bit of wet driving these past couple of months and no complaints from the Pirellis.
Road noise? Is difficult to tell whether there has been any improvement as I still have the 2 originals on the back and the stereo is usually pumping tunes anyway. Haven't had a chance for highway cruising as such, but could be happening in the next couple of weeks.
I'm sure there are better tyres out there if you are willing to pay for them. Can't remember the exact price, but these Pirellis came in well under OEM replacement price.

·
Registered
'15 Sorento SX
49 Posts
I put Bridgestone Turanza Serenity tires on at 40K miles, and probably wouldn't recommend them. They're pretty good in water and snow, but make a humming noise around 50 MPH, which is louder around turns. The noise was so bad that I had the dealer take a look at the car to make sure there wasn't any mechanical issue with it. After 15K on them, the noise hasn't reduced much.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts