Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new to the forum. Registered because I had a question about getting a replacement passenger side mirror for the gf's 2012 Kia Soul. Her mirror popped out somehow and looking for a place that sells just the glass and the plastic mount that gos onto the glass that allows it to snap into the rest of the mirror assembly. The rest of the assembly is just fine.

This place sells just the mirror:

Driver Side & Passenger Side Mirror Glass Replacement

but I also need the plastic mount for it. Just wondering if anyone here has come across anything like that. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra, 2021 Sportage EX
4,516 Posts
Are you in the USA? Any Kia dealership can sell you the glass and plastic backing. I can get you a discounted price, but will need the last 8 of your vin#, as they list 3 diff mirror glasses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Are you in the USA? Any Kia dealership can sell you the glass and plastic backing. I can get you a discounted price, but will need the last 8 of your vin#, as they list 3 diff mirror glasses.
Thanks for the reply. I live in FL. We checked with the dealership where she got the car at and they would only sell the whole passenger side mirror assembly for $300+, not just the mirror and backing. Wanted to save some money since the assembly is fine. I'll pm you the last 8 of her vin.

·
Registered
Mineral Silver 2015 Kia Sportage SX-TURBO!
74 Posts
why wouldn't the warranty cover the mirror????

Exactly what I was thinking. It's a 2012!

Please let us know when you get a chance, AgentG! Thanks!

Cheers!

BB

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Didn't think of that actually, would it be covered if it was her fault? She's not sure how it happened but I suspect she probably hit something with the mirror. Car is still under warranty though

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Big thanks to cobra259! Got the replacement mirror yesterday and put it on.

Your welcome! Let me know if I can be of any more help. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Your welcome! Let me know if I can be of any more help. :)
hello! would you be able to help me as well? someone clipped my car in a parking lot and hit my passenger side view mirror. I was able to snap everything back in place, but the plastic cover to the lights on the mirror broke. I have a 2013 kia soul +. my email is [email protected]

Thank you!!

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Yes, I need the last 8 of your vin#. Pm me, if you like.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would you be able to help me? I just clipped my garage door and need some parts for the passenger mirror. I have 2013 Soul +

The glass is intact, dangling but whole. The black trim is broken and the clear turn signal indicator cover as well.

Not sure what pieces are needed. I have pictures of it'll help.

·
Super Moderator
4,516 Posts
Would you be able to help me? I just clipped my garage door and need some parts for the passenger mirror. I have 2013 Soul +

The glass is intact, dangling but whole. The black trim is broken and the clear turn signal indicator cover as well.

Not sure what pieces are needed. I have pictures of it'll help.
Sounds like you need a new mirror assembly. Sure send me a pic. I'll need the last 8 of your vin# as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got a question. My driver side mirror got smashed by hail last night, the plastic backing seems ok and it seems you can get the replacement glass off ebay for pretty cheap -- anyone has instructions on how to remove the broken mirror so you can reuse the plastic backing or how does this even work if you wanna DIY?

·
Registered
2015 Kia Soul
1 Posts
I dinged my passenger side mirror on the garage, and need a new plastic housing for it. My Soul is a 2015 mocha latte. The mirror glass is intact, and the colored cover is also OK, but the black plastic housing that holds the mirror glass is broken. Kia dealer says they can only sell it as an entire assembly, not just the black plastic, it must be special-ordered, and that part would cost $256.66 plus tax. That seems excessive for a piece of plastic and doesn't include the service charge to install it. Is there a way to just get the black plastic Housing Cover? If so, is it easy to install? The last 8 digits of my VIN are F7217492.

·
Registered
Kia Soul 2012
1 Posts
Hi Cobra259,

I am looking for a replacement mirror and plastic backing for my 2012 Soul's passenger side mirror.

Would you be able to help? I will send you a private message.
Any assistance is appreciated!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts