Kia Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I could have sworn that I saw someone's car on this forum that had replaced the KIA logo in the front of the car with one that looked like a code of arms. Does that resonate with anyone or did I dream it? :p

Thought it might be cool, even cooler if I were to swap the Borrego logo with one that says Mohave just to mess with people. Not sure if you guys know but Borrego means lamb, Mohave is a much cooler name IMHO.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Badge replacement

I replaced my front and rear with this one Korean Auto Imports
The both just pop off with a little effort. Pretty easy, like under 5 min to replace and it looks soooooo much better! I love my Borrego, but didn't like the big KIA badge!

·
Registered
103 Posts
Removing Borrego rear logo

I replaced my front and rear with this one Korean Auto Imports
The both just pop off with a little effort. Pretty easy, like under 5 min to replace and it looks soooooo much better! I love my Borrego, but didn't like the big KIA badge!
Were you able to remove the rear logo without removing any rear deck lid components? If so, how did you do it? I was able to remove the front one, but all the locking tabs broke off. The back of the front logo was accessable from under the hood and I was able to push from behind to aid in getting a screw driver under the front edge.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Were you able to remove the rear logo without removing any rear deck lid components? If so, how did you do it? I was able to remove the front one, but all the locking tabs broke off. The back of the front logo was accessable from under the hood and I was able to push from behind to aid in getting a screw driver under the front edge.
If the rear logo is the same as the one on the forte, I believe it is 3M taped on there, and not clipped, so the back one is pulled off, I believe if you buy some of the badges from these sites, they come with a tool to remove the back logo. The tool looks like a piece of string with two circles on the end to hold onto that you slide behind the badge.

·
Registered
9 Posts

I just used a sharp object and carefully wedged between the logo and the car until it popped off. Wasn't hard at all.

·
Registered
36 Posts
those really look good!

well done!

too bad the koreans didn't do a trade study on the KIA logo.....they may have found out that a 'Killed In Action' is not the right mindset for a car........but then at least it wasn't a 'DOA'...................

·
Registered
204 Posts
According to Wikipedia, the word Kia derives from Korean words meaning “to arise to the world out of Asia.”

·
Registered
7 Posts
Here is some more info on the KIA badges: The front badge on the Borrego is 150mm The rear one is 130mm. I used a plastic putty knife to start the rear badge removal. Then I slipped a screw driver between the badge and the plastic knife. The plastic protected the paint. The 'KIA' popped right off.:

Attachments

·
Registered
96 Posts
I could have sworn that I saw someone's car on this forum that had replaced the KIA logo in the front of the car with one that looked like a code of arms. Does that resonate with anyone or did I dream it? :p

Thought it might be cool, even cooler if I were to swap the Borrego logo with one that says Mohave just to mess with people. Not sure if you guys know but Borrego means lamb, Mohave is a much cooler name IMHO.

Thanks!
Go here Korean Auto Imports

·
Registered
9 Posts
I love my KIA and proud enough to keep the badges on my first foreign car in 35 years of driving
I love mine too, just the badge is way to big for me. Plus I have debadged most of my cars. Nothing against the cars or the makers, It's just what I do. My Borrego is one of the best SUV's I've had. And it is fun when people do a double take and wonder what kind of car it is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I understand, did you do the steering wheel one also?

And I have to agree my Borrego is the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of different vehicles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I understand, did you do the steering wheel one also?

And I have to agree my Borrego is the best vehicle I have ever owned, and I have owned a lot of different vehicles.
No, I didn't mess with the steering wheel badge or the wheels. With my luck if I tried to remove the one from the steering wheel, the airbag would deploy :eek:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
About this Discussion
16 Replies
12 Participants
bobdunn
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing