Kia Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I replaced my oil pressure sending unit and when I put everything back together, part of the intake manifold was propped up slightly, creating a huge vacuum leak. Surprisingly, even though the intake manifold wasn't mounted completely flush, all the bolts went on perfectly fine, and it looked to be mounted flush from the front of the engine. Apparently it was propped up in the back.

As you can imaging, this caused a number of issues and check engine lights. Once I re-seated the intake manifold, all of the check engine lights went off and the car is now running great. However, I still have the P200A Check Engine code, even after a few hundred miles of driving and clearing the code a few times.

Knowing that I had both the upper and lower intake manifolds off, and that I misaligned the upper intake manifold on my initial reinstall, does anyone have any idea what this could be? Prior to replacing the oil pressure sending unit, the car ran great. Even now, the car runs incredible, no loss in power, perfect idle, great fuel economy, etc. Outside of having the P200A code, you'd have no idea there was anything wrong.

I should also mention that, when I clear the code using an OBD2 reader, I hear the PCM click and it appears to be functioning properly. Then the check engine light will stay off for at least a few miles of driving before it kicks back on. Also, since I have the OBD2 reader, I can see real time AFRs, fuel trims, throttle position, etc. so if there is a specific parameter I should check to help diagnose this issue, definitely let me know :)

I found an article on obd-codes.com (can't post the link, I'm too new of a member). I just need to find time to go through all the diagnosing steps. But if anyone has a suggestion of what to check first, given the circumstances, I'm all ears.

Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Registered
6 Posts
2012 3.5L oil pressure sender tool

I also have a sudden MASSIVE oil leak. Luckily, it is the oil pressure sender. Now I have the intake pulled off and can see the sender and, of course, the valley full of oil. But what tool is used to unscrew the sender? A regular socket of mine won't fit under the coolant pipe. Is there a unique extra thin wall socket for this???

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
mayers_929
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing