Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just replaced the entire ignition lock. When I turn the key to on, everything works fine. Once I start the car and it is running, the headlights, blower, wipers, clock, etc. no longer work. Did I overlook something? Any advice?

I will mention that I managed to destroy the cable clock spring in the process of removing the steering wheel, but that should only affect the airbag, horn and radio controls on the wheel, correct?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have solved the issue. Sorry for the post. If a mod thinks this might help others, leave it. Otherwise delete at your discretion.

The issue was with the new ignition switch. When I start the car and release the key, it doesn't spring back to the "on" position. It stays stuck just slightly ahead. I simply need to turn the key about a degree or two back, and everything works fine.

·
Super Moderator
99 Kia Elan 1.8L, 17 Ford Edge Sport 2.7L V6, 15 Mustang 3.7L V6, 08 Harley Nightrain
10,829 Posts
I just replaced the entire ignition lock. When I turn the key to on, everything works fine. Once I start the car and it is running, the headlights, blower, wipers, clock, etc. no longer work. Did I overlook something? Any advice?

I will mention that I managed to destroy the cable clock spring in the process of removing the steering wheel, but that should only affect the airbag, horn and radio controls on the wheel, correct?
Using the below link, please add location and vehicle (year & model) to your User Account/Profile

eg.
USA
2019 Sportage 2.7L V6 SX turbo AWD

UPDATE: Vehicle Information

Forum Rules

Tip: after updating your info, hit “like” on this post, and it will serve as a prompt to remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts