Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
had to replace crank sensor the other week had the familiar problem of quitting after only a few miles or after it would warm up and then no start.Being on a tight budget started reading here for tips for about a week before i was confident what the problem was.the car has 245,000km on it we bought it when it had 205,000.anyway read where people were saying change tb,water pump at the same time but after paying 190.00 for a new sensor it just wasn`t feasable at the time,well it took me about 8 hrs to complete the job,taking a break after an hour or so to relieve built up stress(my 76 nova is so much nicer to work on)got every thing back together at about 2 in the morning,cranked over the car and was i ever happy when she fired up and there was no engine light:D its been running fine since and i just wanted to thank you guys for all the tech help i have found in these forms.saved me at least a 1000.00 garage bill

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
Good to hear it worked out for you. When was the belt last changed? They should be changed at a regular interval. I hear you about the stress. I did mine and it was the first quad cam I had ever done.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can`t confirm when the belt was changed or if it has been i did take a good look at it when i had it all apart,the car did go through its 100k service but we didn`t own it then

·
Registered
I now drive a 2003 S-10 Had an 03 LX 3.5 Sorento
2,475 Posts
The belt should be changed every 60,000 mi at least. The WP and all the pulleys and tensioner every 120k. You are running on borrowed time if they have not been and these engines ARE an interference engine. Mucho damage if the belt lets go. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts