Kia Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the switch hoping to fix these lights flashing on and off again periodically. The gauges still go down to 0 and come back up right away and the lights flash. When the radio is off you can almost hear a "tink" sound, like a switch flipping. And today the whole truck shut off while i was coming to a stop. It did not sputter or shake/stall--just nothing. It started right back up w/no problems the rest of the way. Any ideas???

·
Registered
10 Optima LX, 07 Rondo EX, 89 Chevy C1500
1,411 Posts
There are many things that could cause those lights. Luckily the switch is inexpensive. From this point on, it may be more cost effective to get it properly diagnosed, because the parts only get more expensive.

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Today, the borrego was stuck in drive, I had a hard time getting it into park, had toturnit off and on again. Also, the abs, esc, brake, and downhill warning lights are now pretty much on all of the time. Does anybody have any info or help?

·
Registered
2009 Rondo LX 2.4L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is the end of my story-the problems were being caused by a bad connection inside the ABS HECU. The quote to replace theis was $1500 from the dealer. I was able to get a used one off of ebay for $300 and the dealer installed it for $300 so the total was around $650, so I saved a good bit. the only issue with the replacement HECU is that I have a 2WD borrego and the unit is for a 4WD vehicle so i don't have full functions, but the ABS works and the car is perfectly driveavble so in the future I may look to get a brand new unit but this will work for now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts