Kia Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the battery in my '05 Amanti and the cd player quit. It will still load/unload, change cd and all lights work. Mode button on wheel won't go to "cd" and "cd" button on dash does nothing. All other functions, tape, etc., work. HELP! Anyone know where I can get operating instructions for the system?

·
Registered
7 Posts
changed battery now radio not working help

I just changed the battery in my 05 amanti and now the radio and center display screen with the clock etc. is not working I checked all fuses and relays all are ok anyone know what might be the problem or where else to check?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did! You need to emove the unit and unplug connections and then, plug back in.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Amanti, 1995 Ford Explorer
9 Posts
hey how do you get the thing out of the center console? my wife put a cd in with a loose lable and now the cd player is not working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It seems that the label blocks somewhere. Are you planning to open that part by yourself? I recommend to just skim at the manual of that part and if you don't find it try to check if opening it will not be affecting the warranty. This will help us decide if opening it by ourselves will be helpful or we need that experts assistanc.

·
Registered
Amanti and Ram truck
22 Posts
Battery change out

I bought a used '08 Amanti 2 weeks ago. The battery needed to be changed. I went to Discount Auto for one, they installed it but before removing the cables, the guy used a cable that fit onto the connector under the dash, attached that to a 12V battery and said that will keep the electronics powered while the battery was out.
I know I'm using the wrong terminology, but you should get the picture. I would suggest you have a shop install it if they have this setup and the radio, CD player, etc would never know what happened.

·
Registered
23 Posts
remove stereo

I replaced the battery in my '05 Amanti and the cd player quit. It will still load/unload, change cd and all lights work. Mode button on wheel won't go to "cd" and "cd" button on dash does nothing. All other functions, tape, etc., work. HELP! Anyone know where I can get operating instructions for the system?
you need to remove the stereo and then reinstall it. To remove the radio, follow these steps.
Pry around the edges of the trim that surrounds the gear shift. As you pry, retaining clips will release and the trim will come loose. Pull it straight up and out after it is entirely loosened.
Loosen the two Phillips screws at the bottom of the trim panel that surrounds the radio and climate controls by turning them counterclockwise. The screws were exposed by the removal of the trim in Step 1.
Pry around the edges of the receiver/climate control trim panel with your panel tool. As the retaining clips are released, pull the trim panel away from the radio. Unplug the wiring harnesses that are connected to the back and put the trim panel aside.
Take out the four Phillips screws securing the radio by turning them counterclockwise. Pull the radio straight out of the dash opening and unplug the wiring connectors on the back of the radio. Remove the radio.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I need some help. I just bought a 2005 amanti and I'm having very similar issues. To start with i had a blinking disk 1 light load etc did nothing, as well I could not change modes to CD. On another post I found that the load cd issue can be fixed by disconnecting the battery for 10min. This fix the load issue, i was able to eject the stuck CD. Now I can load and eject CDs, just can't get to CD mode as described in the beginning of this post.

I'm missing something here when I'm trying to remove the trim around the gear shift. I signed up to the kiatechinfo website but wasn't able to find clear images on how to remove this trim. Do I need to first remove the black trim around the gear shifter, then the wood finished trim (or is that all one piece?)

Please help, seems like a simple was to enjoy CDs in the new car (new for me).

·
Premium Member
06 Sportage EX, 06 Amanti, 11 Sorento SX
119 Posts
hey ttocsr, its all 1 piece. start at the end of the wood trim where the armrest is. stick your hand in the cup holder and lift gently. that whole wood trrim is held in with metal clips. gently lift up and as it pops up, work your way down the piece lifting up on the left side and right side. once you've removed it, at the bottom of the trim where the ash tray is you will see 2 screws that hold the a/c, cd, and radio wood trim. remove those screws and gently lift up, work your way up left and right. i think you have to pop the ashtray out, i forgot.

Opps, almost forgot. start the car up and shift it in N, apply the e brake and shut off the car. this will make it easier to remove all off that fake ass wood trim.

hope this help, i had to do this a couple of times to fix my radio.

Bek831

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks, that was a lot of help.
What also helped, was that I took the liner out of the center console compartment, then i was able to get my hand under the cup holder and push up.

This didn't seem to work for me though. I removed all the wires from the radio, then reconnected them.

I still don't get the CD mode.

Do I need to leave the power disconnected while i disconnect the radio wires, or does there need to be power?

I only tried it with power connected and it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
if the cd player is original to the car, meaning it came with it and you didnt swap it out. i would disconnect the negative cable on the car battery first then disconnect the radio.leave it like that for around 10 minutes. connect the radio back up, then reconnect the battery.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Grrr, what a piece of junk. I think it's the original disk changer and radio. It has a kia sticker on it when I pulled it out. That didn't work either. I think I'm done with trying to get this not so great radio/cd player working.

I'm going to see if I can get a double din player in there with bluetooth. I've seen a couple posts of people having luck and other posts of people saying it won't work (although the people who claim it won't work didn't seem to post if they had actually attempted to make a double din fit). Based on how the trim fits, I would guess anything with a tilt or flip screen wouldn't work so hot.

Thanks for all the help BEK831.

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
the only way i could see why its not working is if the previous owner messed up the old changer and replaced it with the one you have now. (happaned to me). anyway the way it works is that the radio is programmed to work with that specific changer. they may look the same but they have different id numbers. so they only way for it to work is to take it to the dealer to get it programmed. they'll probably charge you an hour for labor. but i guess its better than paying $600 for a new flip screen.

if you really want to buy something else and change everything out go to crutchfield.com. they got radios, flip screen navs with all the hardware specifically made to fit the amanti.

good luck.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts