Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I don't have that switch in my '05 Sedona. May be better answers in the 2006+ forum.
Some general things....bracket with hole must contain a screw. May be a bracket on other side, too. Is there a trim ring around the switch hiding screw(s) that needs prying up?
Pic of switch or switch location in your vehicle might help.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks Dougand3, Vehicle was made in 2005, last model series (mk ii) registered in early 2006, before they changed the cars shape.
It's mounted to the far right on the drivers side(UK) The supplier mentioned about releasing some screws. The only ones I can see, are under the main panel, near the driver s right leg..
No trim ring on this part.

I'm customising some parts. Already changed the grill for a black an chrome one, changed the black window switches for Platinum Gold ones. Eventually wanna change the dashboard then the speedo assembly surround.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Paul, maybe you access switch from behind (closer to firewall). As in, the screw head faces firewall and you have to contort yourself to get to it. The switch does have that "shelf" that would slide under the big trim panel.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
:banana:
Paul, maybe you access switch from behind (closer to firewall). As in, the screw head faces firewall and you have to contort yourself to get to it. The switch does have that "shelf" that would slide under the big trim panel.
Hi Doug, managed to do it. There's a snap off panel on the inside facing the drivers door. Removed it and was able to access the panel. Sorted!:nerd:

I got the idea from watching a Youtube vid accessing something else.
Suddenly a lite went on! lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
2 Participants
dougand3
Kia Forum
Kia Forums is a community dedicated to all Kia models. Come discuss the Kia Sorento, Rio, Sportage, Soul and more!
Full Forum Listing