Kia Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've posted a couple of topics about changing my exisitng double din radio to a Sat Nav, which has the same dimensions as a standard aftermarket radio.

However, I've now come across another (isolated) problem so thought it easier to post a new topic rather than it get hidden in one of my other posts.

The problem I have is that the exisitng radio is about 160mm in length, whereas the aftermarket radios are about 180mm. Unfortunately this will hit the bulkhead behind the dash.

I've seen a forum or two where owners have replaced their radios and do not appear to have come across this problem. Has anyone else come across this, and if so I would be very grateful if they could let me know of a way around it.

I also believe that the facia for the Sedona is a FP-03-03, but is from the 2000 models onwards. Will this also fit my 1999 Sedona?

I've changed a lot of radios in my time but this is really becoming a challenge!!

Kind Regards
Muppet

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hi,

Just a quick update.

I think I may have cracked it!! If so, I'll list another post so anyone else can easily(!!) upgrade their Sedona double-din radio without having to scan acrooss three seperate posts.

I think most radios are actually 160mm in depth, so it should fit. Unfortunately the A-09 multichanger I have won't, although I'll mount it under the passenger footwell.

I've taken a chance and ordered the FP-03-03 facia and will make sure that fits before ordering my Sat Nav.

Muppet.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts