Kia Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Does anyone know how to remove the factory rear speaker covers to replace the factory 6 x 9 speakers with new ones in my 2004 Optima? Any info. would be helpful. Thanx

·
Registered
7 Posts
hey buddy i just put 500$ 6x9s in my car it was a pain but i got it
you have to go in the trunk and push all the grey and white plugs through then go and pull down the back seats there should be 6 screws there you can see..star head i believe take them all out then you have to bend the sides up then pull the whole shelf down and lay it on the back seats then you can take out the speakers and put everything back... good luck and you might want someone there to help you out.. any more questions e-mail me [email protected]

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by kia_23@Oct 7 2005, 01:58 AM
hey buddy i just put 500$ 6x9s in my car it was a pain but i got it
you have to go in the trunk and push all the grey and white plugs through then go and pull down the back seats there should be 6 screws there you can see..star head i believe take them all out then you have to bend the sides up then pull the whole shelf down and lay it on the back seats then you can take out the speakers and put everything back... good luck and you might want someone there to help you out.. any more questions e-mail me [email protected]
Kool.. if you have pictures then that would be super! :57:

·
Registered
7 Posts
ill do my best to get some picks on how to do it for you..question do you have an aftermarket deck?? because if not man your waisting your time the kia peace in there can not power anything more than whats in there next infact the kia deck could reck your new 6x9s good luck man

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
My deck it stock.. but I will buy a new deck with AUX input so I can use my MP3 player.. but a few months ago I bought some RF's 6x9's but have yet to install them.. cuz I'm trying to figure out the install. LOL =P

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey, I just bought a 2006 optima and I'm trying to replace the stock 6x9s. Did you ever figure it out?...I'm guessing everything should be pretty much the same between '04 and '06.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just installed some rf's in the back of mine also. Fisrt step if so find the 12mm bolt that is placed in the middle of the 2 zippers on the left and right side of the rear passanger seats. Once you have the bolts out you can look for 2 tabs in the front part of the rear seat by where the the carpet and the rear seat meet. Now press the tabs in and pull up. do this to the other tab and remove the back seat. Next find the 12mm bolt that is under where the seats used to be once you take the bolt out lift up and then out on the side of the seat you will have to put some force in to this. After that is removed fold the seats down and look for the black surrond that is covering 2 screws one on the left and another on the right. Then take the other 4 visable screws out. Next you have to take the side molding of from around the door, just pull it will come off with out any problems. Then take the plastic covers that are by the rear window and pull then off. They use small metal pressure clamps and will come off just try not to break them. Then you have to take a 8mm socket and remove the nuts that hold down the rear signal light. pop the signal light out and then push on the White arrow things and pull up on the deck at the same time. reverse to put every thing back.

p.s sorry about the spelling but it is late.

·
Registered
2004 Kia Optima
1,978 Posts
Originally posted by biofilter69@Mar 27 2006, 02:36 AM
I just installed some rf's in the back of mine also. Fisrt step if so find the 12mm bolt that is placed in the middle of the 2 zippers on the left and right side of the rear passanger seats. Once you have the bolts out you can look for 2 tabs in the front part of the rear seat by where the the carpet and the rear seat meet. Now press the tabs in and pull up. do this to the other tab and remove the back seat. Next find the 12mm bolt that is under where the seats used to be once you take the bolt out lift up and then out on the side of the seat you will have to put some force in to this. After that is removed fold the seats down and look for the black surrond that is covering 2 screws one on the left and another on the right. Then take the other 4 visable screws out. Next you have to take the side molding of from around the door, just pull it will come off with out any problems. Then take the plastic covers that are by the rear window and pull then off. They use small metal pressure clamps and will come off just try not to break them. Then you have to take a 8mm socket and remove the nuts that hold down the rear signal light. pop the signal light out and then push on the White arrow things and pull up on the deck at the same time. reverse to put every thing back.

p.s sorry about the spelling but it is late.
LMAO, it's all good! Thanks for the info! BTW, how does the RF sound?

·
Registered
8 Posts
with the stock headunit and infinity amp the first thing my friends said was "When did you get a sub?" they are amazing and when i get my kenwood 4 channel amp giving them 70 watts rms they will scream.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts