Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Sorento is new, and my wife had to cut the left rear seatbelt to extract our son (he jammed release button with coins). I need help with:
(1) where to get a beige replacement (without paying dealer costs); and
(2) how to do it. I can remove the bolt on the floor, but removing the plastic cover beside the headrest is a problem. I assume the recoil mechanism is behind this plastic panel. I popped out the cover that says, "airbag" and removed the nut behind it that appeared to hold the plastic cover in place. The cover won't budge, and I'm afraid I'll break it. Any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
1995 Procharged Mustang Cobra -- 2006 Grand Cheorkee limted Hemi.
4,422 Posts
You are looking $122.00 list price on the seat belt left rear outer 2nd row. I'll sell it to you for $99.00. And yes these are dealership prices. Are you in the USA?

·
Registered
2013 Sorento LX V6, '03 GSX-R600, '00 Nissan Maxima SE
150 Posts
I would be super careful trying to mess with the seat belt, especially since there is an airbag involved. Disconnect the battery and wait at least 30 mins before poking around or you could get a nasty surprise. This is a safety issue so I suggest you just bite the bullet and please let the dealership fix it. I know that's not what you want to hear but you shouldn't take that risk. Kia will NOT have your back if you mess with it yourself and something happen. This is coming from a fireman, TRUST ME.......

·
Registered
2012 Kia Sorento LX V6
52 Posts
As an Ex Firefighter/EMT I have to agree with Kungfoo. NEVER attempt to repair/replace a seatbelt or airbag yourself. When you do something like that you are putting that passengers life in your hands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts