Kia Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we brought our 2008 Rondo to our local dealership today for the underbody anti-corrosion "recall" work and had them do some other stuff as well. Our Check Engine light came on recently and they say it's the EVAP Purge Valve. (Once my OBD2 adapter comes in I should be able to clear the code out myself if it becomes annoying.)

Based on my research it's basically a environmental/emissions-related and doesn't really effect how the vehicle operates (and we live in a state where we don't need any emissions tests or inspections). Is that true? Would it be worth $290 to have them change it out? I watched this video of two guys changing it on a 2008 Rondo[/URL] and it looks like a pain-in-the-butt to do it yourself.

(I can't post a link to the video since I'm new to the forum, but a YouTube search for the title, 2008 Kia Rondo Evap Purge Valve install - P0441, should bring it right up in case anyone wants to watch.)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
In the end the Dealership did it for me for the cost of the part, which is awesome because doing it myself looked like a big pain in the butt from that video.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts