Kia Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I replace parts from part time transfer case to TOD? Are they the same? Can anyone provide me with codes of spare parts or the scheme?

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,698 Posts
Some parts may be similar, but the main parts that typically fail (clutch, selector fork) are specific. The TOD clutchpack can be changed. There is a service bulletin (TSB) 'how to' with part nos. [Attached]

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a lot!
Unfortunately I don't know even what part is faild. I've found a used part time case and wanted to use it as a donor.
Problem in may case is that flang for front wheels moves forward which is mot typical for case on proper order.
Do you know if part/s responsible for this fail are the same in PT and TOD?

·
Registered
08 2.5 CRDI Sorento Titan Auto
1,698 Posts
The output shaft has bearings at front and back of t/case. Also on front is an oil seal and (possibly) a dust cover. There is snap ring behind the front bearing to secure it in the case. (Bearing can only be installed from 'inside'). I would say either the flange is not correctly secured on the shaft (torqued nut accessible from outside) or there is something amiss with the shaft internally. You may be lucky and be able to swap parts on the output shaft, but I don't know and don't have part numbers . I do know there are different types of flange and different lengths of prop-shaft. I think it would be a situation of dismantling both boxes and seeing what fits and what you may have to source elsewhere.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts