Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on line service called Repair Surge.com where you pay for access to service information on any model car. Has anyone ever tried that service?

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
When it comes to KIAs ..why bother??
If you have the right Operating system and software you can get almost anything for your KIA at kiatechinfo.com... Diagnostics/Electrical/Parts location.. ALL FREE!
Dave

·
Registered
Kia Rio 5
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave

That's exactly what I needed however, I guess I'm not sure what the right Operating system and software would be. I tried to register @ Kia Global Information System (KGIS) and I can't get the usage agreement link to show even if I hold the Ctrl. Tab.....any further knowledge would be helpful. Living way out in the country with no car...I could starve and die if I don't fix this vehicle.

·
Super Moderator
2008 SpectraSX, 2014 Optima LX,2006 Jeep Liberty, Linux Mint Mate
6,866 Posts
Here is my trusty cut and paste...
Start..
You really don't need to "buy" a manual...Just go to "kiatechinfo.com",
register, and all the info you need is right there.
You need to be running
Microsoft Windows (XP,Vista,7) and
Microsoft IE (Internet Explorer 8 or higher).
You also need to download and install a free "plug-in or app" called Adobe SVG
(Scaled Vector Graphics). There is a link to this software on their site.
and a valid email address to send the password to..
This is the only known good way to get onto this site..

NOTE: This site does NOT like Mac's/Linux OS' and Safari/Firefox/Chrome and You WILL have problems using them!

There is a moderate learning curve as things aren't always where you would think they should be...but a little looking gets everything you could possibly need.
End...
Lord...We wouldn't want another KIA owner to starve to death!!! :)
We are here also to help and want to answer any questions you have.
Dave

·
Registered
Kia Rio 2005
8 Posts
The Kiatechinfo thing being free is not longer valid and I'm not trying to spend $150 for a membership to this as much as I'd like to. I'd rather buy myself a Hanes(Chilton) on the car, but I can't for the life of me find.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts