Kia Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dudes and Dudettes, I can't tell you how chuffed I am at seeing this forum based on the little Picanto! This is the new hotness!

My question is around getting the door panels off in order to fit better speakers into the doors.. I see this question has been asked previously but the answers have been vague.. has anyone got a detailed description of what DIY tools to use and exactly how to get access to that presure clip behind the window winder?

·
Registered
105 Posts
found this in some site. don't know if it'll help.
"The clip is in a "C" shape, with the opening pointing toward the knob. The
clip is behind the washer on the window crank.
Roll the window about halfway down with the knob of the crank pointing
up. Get a flat blade screwdriver and insert between the crank and plastic
washer and twist the screwdriver while turning the crank. This will
probably push into the opening of the clip and not allow it to turn, and
should push it off the crank handle, allowing you to slide the crank off"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
*sobs* I can't find this *&^%$# clip!! AAAARRGGGHHHH. I'm so stressed I'm gonna screw up my little jammy

·
Registered
72 Posts
you need to have a really good LED torch that can deliver a bright focused beam. then roll the plastic ring at the base of the handle around until you can see the ends of the clips. then insert some flat metal piece - the flatter the better - and pop it off. They are very small clips, that's the problem. there is a special tool for removing them but you dont need it if you know how.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well, I tried and tried to no avail.. those clips remained hidden... eventually I just bent the door panels up carefully and installed the new speakers...

what an Improvement.. My Little Picanto now bangs with the best of em..

got a 10"JBL subwoofer in the boot as well :57:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts