Kia Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody!

I was wondering if someone can help me with this problem. I'm trying to remove the rear doorpanel. I unscrewed everything including the one at the door handle, but it won't come off.

I already searched the forum and found another topic regarding this issue. Only in that case the rear windows aren't electric like mine.

It looks like the panel is stuck around the door handel, because everywhere around it is lose. Maybe I forgot one screw, but I think it's something else.

Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
55 Picanto
161 Posts
just being nosey but why are you trying to remove the panel.

i havent had any experiance doing this on the picanto, but on another car the panel was held in place by clips, so you may need to use some force to unclip it. be careful tho as if you bend the panel it will probably break

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:)
The light under the window up-down switch is currently green. I want to change it to blue. And I probably gonna change the speakers in the near future, so it would be nice if I could get the panel off.

It will work a lot easier.

I did try to get it lose by a little bit of force, but that didn't work. I don't want to break anything so I stopped.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Let me try to help you. I've open mine many times.
I do not know how far have u gone to, but will try my best to guide you.
Ok, there should be 6 screws to unscrew. Did u get all of them?
And after you've unscrew all 6, at the middle bottom of the plastic panel, there should be a gap whereby you can put your fingers in. Glide your fingers in and you can pull out and u will hear a click sound as each clip comes loose. So work your way up with gentle pulling force. Remember each time a clip comes loose, u will hear a click. Now, comes to the door opening handle, if you are on the driver side rear door, glide the door opening handle towards your left. That will unclip the door opening handle. Now the final part will be the top part where the panel touches the window glass. carry the panel upward by doing it on one side at a time. After the panel come loose, now you have to unplug the automatic window connection head. Bravo, u are done. Your door is naked now.
Anything u don' understand, state it down and let me know. But let me know how far have you gone to. Good Luck.

·
Registered
2005 Kia Picanto
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by jjomal@Sep 28 2005, 02:40 PM
Let me try to help you.  I've open mine many times.
I do not know how far have u gone to, but will try my best to guide you.
Ok, there should be 6 screws to unscrew.  Did u get all of them?
And after you've unscrew all 6, at the middle bottom of the plastic panel, there should be a gap whereby you can put your fingers in.  Glide your fingers in and you can pull out and u will hear a click sound as each clip comes loose.  So work your way up with gentle pulling force.  Remember each time a clip comes loose, u will hear a click.  Now, comes to the door opening handle,  if you are on the driver side rear door, glide the door opening handle towards your left.  That will unclip the door opening handle.  Now the final part will be the top part where the panel touches the window glass.  carry the panel upward by doing it on one side at a time.  After the panel come loose, now you have to unplug the automatic window connection head.  Bravo, u are done.  Your door is naked now.
Anything u don' understand, state it down and let me know. But let me know how far have you gone to.  Good Luck.
Your explanation is perfect, thanks! The panel is lose now. The only problem was the door handle. All the rest I had already lose.
But I did not move the door handle before, so that blocked the whole panel.

Stupid thing is that the light of the window switch is green. I have already changed some other LED's in the car and they were all white with a green silicon rubber over them. To change the color of this switch I will have to solder a new LED. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts